Dairy Sci. Technol.
Volume 90, Number 2-3, March–June 2010Special Issue: Selected papers from 4th International Symposium on Spray Dried Dairy Products,
15-17th April 2009, Melbourne, Australia
|Page(s)||321 - 334|
|Published online||30 March 2010|
- Al-Hakim K., An Investigation of Spray-Freezing and Spray-Freeze-Drying, Ph.D. Thesis, Loughborough University, UK, 2004.
- Al-Hakim K., Stapley A.G.F., Morphology of spray-dried and spray-freeze-dried whey powders, in Proceedings of the 14th International Drying Symposium, 22–25 August 2001, Drying 2004, São Paulo, Brazil, pp. 1720–1726.
- Anandharamakrishnan C., Rielly C.D., Stapley A.G.F., Effects of process variables on the denaturation of whey proteins during spray-drying, Drying Technol. 25 (2007) 799–807. [CrossRef]
- Anandharamakrishnan C., Rielly C.D., Stapley A.G.F., Loss of solubility of α-lactalbumin and β-lactoglobulin during spray drying of whey proteins, LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 41 (2008) 270–277. [CrossRef]
- Costantino H.R., Firouzabadian L., Hogeland K., Wu C., Beganski C., Carrasquillo K.G., Cordova M., Griebenow K., Zale S.E., Tracy M.A., Protein spray-freeze-drying-effect of atomization condition on particle size and stability, Pharm. Res. 17 (2000) 1374–1380. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ferreira I.M.P.L.V.O., Cacote H., Detection and quantification of bovine, ovine and caprine milk percentage in protected denomination of origin cheese by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography of beta-lactoglobulins, J. Chromatogr. A. 1015 (2003) 111–118. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ferreira I.M.P.L.V.O., Mendes E., Ferreira M.A., HPLC/UV analysis of protein in dairy products using a hydrophobic interaction chromatographic column, Anal. Sci. 17 (2001) 499–501. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Heldman D.R., An analysis of atmospheric freeze-drying, J. Food Sci. 39 (1974) 147–155. [CrossRef]
- Hindmarsh J.P., Russell A.B., Chen X.D., Fundamentals of the spray-freezing of foods-microstructure of frozen droplets, J. Food Eng. 78 (2007) 136–150. [CrossRef]
- Leuenberger H., Spray-freeze-drying – the process of choice for low water soluble drugs?, J. Nanoparticle Res. 4 (2002) 111–119. [CrossRef]
- Leuenberger H., Plitzko M., Puchkov M., Spray-freeze-drying in a fluidized bed at normal and low pressure, Drying Technol. 24 (2006) 711–719. [CrossRef]
- Maa Y.F., Nguyen P.A., Sweeney T., Shire S.J., Hsu C.C., Protein inhalation powders: spray drying vs spray-freeze-drying, Pharm. Res. 16 (1999) 249–255. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Malecki G.J., Shinde P., Morgan A.I., Farkas D.F., Atmospheric fluidized bed freeze-drying, Food Technol. 24 (1970) 601–603.
- Meryman H.T., Sublimation freeze-drying without vacuum, Science 130 (1959) 628–629. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Mumenthaler M., Leuenberger H., Atmospheric spray-freeze-drying: a suitable alternative in freeze-drying technology, Int. J. Pharm. 72 (1991) 97–110. [CrossRef]
- Rogers S., Wu W.D., Saunders J., Chen X.D., Characteristics of milk powders produced by spray-freeze-drying, Drying Technol. 26 (2008) 404–412. [CrossRef]
- Rogers T.L., Hu J., Yu Z., Johnston K.P., Williams III R.O., A novel particle engineering technology: spray-freezing into liquid, Int. J. Pharm. 24 (2002) 93–100. [CrossRef]
- Rogers T.L., Nelsen A.C., Sarkari M., Young T.J., Johnston K.P., Williams III R.O., Enhanced aqueous dissolution of poorly water soluble drug by novel particle engineering technology: spray-freezing into liquid with atmospheric freeze-drying, Pharm. Res. 20 (2003) 485–493. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Sheu T.Y., Rosenberg M., Microstructure of microparticles consisting of whey proteins and carbohydrates, J. Food Sci. 63 (1998) 491–494. [CrossRef]
- Stapley A.G.F., Freeze-drying, in: Evans J.A.(Ed.), Frozen Food Science and Technology, Blackwell, Oxford, UK, 2008, pp. 248–275. [CrossRef]
- Wang Z.L., Finlay W.H., Peppler M.S., Sweeney L.G., Powder formation by atmospheric spray-freeze-drying, Powder Technol. 170 (2006) 45–52. [CrossRef]
- Yu Z., Garcia A.S., Johnston K.P., Williams R.O., Spray-freezing into liquid versus spray-freeze-drying: influence of atomization on protein aggregation and biological activity, Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm. 27 (2006) 9–18.