Dairy Sci. Technol.
Volume 90, Number 2-3, March–June 2010Special Issue: Selected papers from 4th International Symposium on Spray Dried Dairy Products,
15-17th April 2009, Melbourne, Australia
|Page(s)||123 - 136|
|Published online||16 October 2009|
- Anema S.G., Li Y.M., Effect of pH on the association of denatured whey proteins with casein micelles in heated reconstituted skim milk, J. Agric. Food Chem. 51 (2003) 1640–1646. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Baldwin A., Pearce D., Milk powder, in: Onwulata C. (Ed.), Encapsulated and Powdered Foods, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, USA, 2005, pp. 365–386.
- Buchheim W., Dejmek P., Milk and dairy-type emulsions, in: Larsson K., Friberg S.E. (Eds.), Food Emulsions, 2nd edn., Dekker, New York, USA, 1990, pp. 203–246.
- Buma T.J., Free fat and physical structure of spray-dried whole milk, Neth. Milk Dairy J. 25 (1971) 33–72, 88–106, 151–174.
- Corredig M., Dalgleish D.G., Effect of different heat treatments on the strong binding interactions between whey proteins and milk fat globules in whole milk, J. Dairy Res. 63 (1996) 441–449. [CrossRef]
- Corredig M., Dalgleish D.G., The mechanisms of the heat-induced interaction of whey proteins with casein micelles in milk, Int. Dairy J. 9 (1999) 223–236.
- Dannenberg F., Kessler H.G., Reaction kinetics of the denaturation of whey proteins in milk, J. Food Sci. 53 (1988) 258–263. [CrossRef]
- De Wit J.N., Swinkels G.A.M., A differential scanning calorimetric study of the thermal denaturation of bovine β-lactoglobulin: thermal behaviour at temperatures up to 100 °C, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 624 (1980) 40–48. [PubMed]
- Fox P.F., Heat induced coagulation of milk, in: Fox P.F. (Ed.), Developments in Dairy Chemistry – I. Proteins, Applied Science Publishers, London, UK, 1982, pp. 189–228.
- Gaiani C., Scher J., Schuck P., Hardy J., Desobry S., Banon S., Dairy powder rehydration: influence of proteins and some technological effects, J. Dairy Sci. 90 (2007) 570–581. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hillier R.M., Lyster R.L.J., Whey protein denaturation in heated milk and cheese whey, J. Dairy Res. 46 (1979) 103–111. [CrossRef]
- Mather I.H., A review and proposed nomenclature for major proteins of the milk-fat globule membrane, J. Dairy Sci. 83 (2000) 203–247. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- McCrae C.H., Muir D.D., Heat stability of recombined milk: influence of lecithins on the heat coagulation time-pH profile, J. Dairy Res. 59 (1992) 177–185. [CrossRef]
- McKenna A.B., Lloyd R.J., Munro P.A., Singh H., Microstructure of whole milk powder and of insolubles detected by powder functional testing, Scanning 21 (1999) 305–315. [CrossRef]
- Mulder H., Walstra P., The Milk Fat Globule: Emulsion Science as Applied to Milk Products and Comparable Foods, Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, Farnham Royal, UK, 1974, 296 p.
- Oldfield D.J., Singh H., Functional properties of milk powders, in: Onwulata C. (Ed.), Encapsulated and Powdered Foods, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, USA, 2005, pp. 365–386. [CrossRef]
- Oldfield D.J., Singh H., Taylor M.W., Association of β-lactoglobulin and α-lactalbumin with the casein micelles in skim milk heated in an ultra-high temperature plant, Int. Dairy J. 8 (1998) 765–770. [CrossRef]
- Oldfield D.J., Singh H., Taylor M.W., Effect of preheating and other process parameters on whey protein reactions during skim milk powder manufacture, Int. Dairy J. 15 (2005) 501–511. [CrossRef]
- Patel H.A., Singh H., Anema S.G., Effects of heat and high hydrostatic pressure treatments on disulfide bonding interchanges among the proteins in skim milk, J. Agric. Food Chem. 54 (2006) 3409–3420. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Pisecky J., Technology of skimmed milk drying, J. Soc. Dairy Technol. 34 (1981) 57–62. [CrossRef]
- Singh H., Heat-induced changes in caseins including interactions with whey proteins, in: Fox P.F. (Ed.), Heat-induced Changes in Milk, International Dairy Federation, Brussels, Belgium, 1995, pp. 86–99.
- Singh H., Creamer L.K., Heat stability of milk, in: Fox P.F. (Ed.), Advanced Dairy Chemistry – I. Proteins, Elsevier, London, UK, 1992, pp. 621–656.
- Singh H., Fox P.F., Heat stability of milk: pH-dependent dissociation of micellar κ-casein on heating milk at ultrahigh temperatures, J. Dairy Res. 52 (1985) 529–538. [CrossRef]
- Singh H., Newstead D.F., Aspects of proteins in milk powder manufacture, in: Fox P.F. (Ed.), Advanced Dairy Chemistry – I. Proteins, Elsevier, London, UK, 1992, pp. 735–765.
- Vignolles M.L., Jeantet R., Lopez C., Schuck P., Free fat, surface fat and dairy powders: interactions between process and product. A review, Lait 87 (2007) 187–236. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Walstra P., Physical chemistry of milk fat globules, in: Fox P.F. (Ed.), Advanced Dairy Chemistry, Volume 2: Lipids, Chapman & Hall, London, UK, 1995, pp. 131–171.
- Williams R.P.W., D’Ath L., Zisu B., Role of protein aggregation in heat-induced stability during milk powder manufacture, Dairy Sci. Technol. 88 (2008) 121–147. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Ye A., Singh H., Anema S., Changes in the surface protein of the fat globules during homogenization and heat treatment of concentrated milk, J. Dairy Res. 75 (2008) 347–353. [PubMed]
- Ye A., Singh H., Oldfield D., Anema S., Kinetics of heat-induced association of β-lactoglobulin and α-lactalbumin with milk fat globule membrane in whole milk, Int. Dairy J. 14 (2004) 389–398. [CrossRef]
- Ye A., Singh H., Taylor M.W., Anema S., Characterization of protein components of natural and heat-treated milk fat globule membranes, Int. Dairy J. 12 (2002) 393–402. [CrossRef]
- Ye A., Singh H., Taylor M.W., Anema S., Interactions of whey proteins with milk fat globule membrane proteins during heat treatment of whole milk, Lait 84 (2004) 269–283. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Ye A., Singh H., Taylor M.W., Anema S., Interactions of fat globule surface proteins during concentration of whole milk in a pilot-scale multiple-effect evaporator, J. Dairy Res. 71 (2004) 471–479. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ye A., Singh H., Taylor M.W., Anema S., Effect of spray drying on the milk fat globule and membrane proteins during the manufacture of whole milk powders, Int. Dairy J. 17 (2006) 374–382. [CrossRef]