Dairy Sci. Technol.
Volume 90, Number 1, January–February 2010
|Page(s)||99 - 109|
|Published online||19 January 2010|
- Andrews A.T., Proteinases in normal bovine milk and their action on caseins, J. Dairy Res. 50 (1983) 45–55. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- AOAC, Official Methods of Analysis, 16th edn., AOAC no. 920.124, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, USA, 1995.
- Ardo Y., Polychroniadou A., Laboratory Manual for Chemical Analysis of Cheese, COST 95, European Communities, Brussels, Belgium, 1999.
- Atasoy A.F., Yetismeyen A., Turkoglu H., Ozer B., Effects of heat treatment and starter culture on the properties of traditional Urfa cheeses (a white-brined Turkish cheese) produced from bovine milk, Food Control 19 (2008) 278–285. [CrossRef]
- Blakesley R.W., Boezi J.A., A new staining technique for proteins in polyacrylamide gels using Coomassie Brilliant Blue G250, Anal. Biochem. 82 (1977) 580–581. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bradley R.L., Arnold E., Barbano D.M., Semerad R.G., Smith D.E., Vines B.K., Chemical and physical methods, in: Marshall R.T. (Ed.), Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, 16th edn., American Public Health Association, Washington, USA, 1993, pp. 433–531.
- Gomez M.J., Rodriguez E., Gaya P., Nunez M., Medina M., Characteristics of Manchego cheese manufactured from raw and pasteurized ovine milk and with defined-strain or commercial mixed-strain starter cultures, J. Dairy Sci. 82 (1999) 2300–2307. [CrossRef]
- Hayaloglu A.A., Brechany E.Y., Influence of milk pasteurization and scalding temperature on the volatile compounds of Malatya, a farmhouse Halloumi-type cheese, Lait 87 (2007) 39–57. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Hayaloglu A.A., Guven M., Fox P.F., McSweeney P.L.H., Influence of starters on chemical, biochemical, and sensory changes in Turkish white-brined cheese during ripening, J. Dairy Sci. 88 (2005) 3460–3474. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hayaloglu A.A., Ozer B.H., Fox P.F., Cheeses of Turkey: 2. Varieties ripened under brine, Dairy Sci. Technol. 88 (2008) 225–244. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- IDF, Cheese and processed cheese-determination of the total solid content, IDF Standard 4A, International Dairy Federation, Brussels, Belgium, 1982.
- IDF, Milk, Determination of the nitrogen (Kjeldahl method) and calculation of the crude protein content, IDF Standard 20B, International Dairy Federation, Brussels, Belgium, 1993.
- Kahyaoglu T., Kaya S., Effect of heat treatment and fat reduction on the rheological and functional properties of Gaziantep cheese, Int. Dairy J. 13 (2003) 867–875. [CrossRef]
- Kandarikis I.G., Moatsou G.A., Georgala A.I.K., Kaminarides S., Anifantakis E., Effect of draining temperature on the biochemical characteristics of Feta cheese, Food Chem. 72 (2001) 369–378. [CrossRef]
- Kuchroo C.N., Fox P.F., Soluble nitrogen in Cheddar cheese: comparison of extraction procedures, Milchwissenschaft 37 (1982) 331–335.
- Lane C.N., Fox P.F., Role of starter enzymes during ripening of Cheddar cheese made from pasteurised milk under controlled microbiological conditions, Int. Dairy J. 7 (1997) 55–63. [CrossRef]
- Lau K.Y., Barbano D.M., Rasmussen R.R., Influence of pasteurization of milk on protein breakdown in Cheddar cheese during aging, J. Dairy Sci. 74 (1991) 727–740. [CrossRef]
- Law J., Fitzgerald G.F., Daly C., Fox P.F., Farkye N.Y., Proteolysis and flavour development in Cheddar cheese made with the single strains Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis UC317 or Lactococcus lactis ssp. cremoris HP, J. Dairy Sci. 75 (1992) 1173–1185. [CrossRef]
- Lynch C.M., McSweeney P.L.H., Fox P.F., Cogan T.M., Drinan F.D., Contribution of starter lactococci and non-starter lactobacilli to proteolysis in Cheddar cheese with a controlled microflora, Lait 77 (1997) 441–459. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- McSweeney P.L.H., Fox P.F., Lucey J.A., Jordan K.N., Cogan T.M., Contribution of the indigenous microflora to the maturation of Cheddar cheese, Int. Dairy J. 3 (1993) 613–634. [CrossRef]
- McSweeney P.L.H., Hayaloglu A.A., O’Mahony J.A., Bansal N., Perspectives on cheese ripening, Aust. J. Dairy Technol. 61 (2006) 69–77.
- Michaelidou A., Alichanidis E., Urlaub H., Polychroniadou A., Zerfiridis G.K., Isolation and identification of some major water-soluble peptides in Feta cheese, J. Dairy Sci. 81 (1998) 3109–3116. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Moatsou G.A., Kandarikis I.G., Georgala A.K., Alichanidis E.S., Anifantakis E.M., Effect of starters on proteolysis of Graviera Kritis cheese, Lait 79 (1999) 303–315. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Ozer B.H., Robinson R.K., Grandison A.S., Textural and microstructural properties of Urfa cheese (a white-brined Turkish cheese), Int. J. Dairy Technol. 56 (2003) 171–176. [CrossRef]
- Schlesser J.E., Schmidt S.J., Speckman R., Characterization of chemical and physical changes in Camembert cheese during ripening, J. Dairy Sci. 75 (1992) 1753–1760. [CrossRef]
- Shakeel-Ur-Rehman, Banks J.M., McSweeney P.L.H., Fox P.F., Effect of ripening temperature on the growth and significance of non-starter lactic acid bacteria in Cheddar cheese made from raw or pasteurised milk, Int. Dairy J. 10 (2000) 45–53. [CrossRef]
- Shalabi S.I., Fox P.F., Electrophoretic analysis of cheese, comparison of methods, Ir. J. Food Sci. Technol. 11 (1987) 135–151.
- Sheehan J.J., Oliveira J.C., Kelly A.L., McSweeney P.L.H., Effect of cook temperature on primary proteolysis and predicted residual chymosin activity of a semi-hard cheese manufactured using thermophilic cultures, Int. Dairy J. 17 (2007) 826–834. [CrossRef]
- Urbach G., The flavour of milk and dairy products. II. Cheese: contribution of volatile compounds, Int. J. Dairy Technol. 50 (1997) 79–89. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.