Dairy Sci. Technol.
Volume 88, Number 1, January-February 20083rd International Spray Dried Milk Conference
|Page(s)||121 - 147|
|Published online||21 February 2008|
- American Dry Milk Institute, Standards for grades of dry milks including methods of analysis, Bulletin 916, American Dry Milk Institute, Chicago (1971) p. 9.
- Anema S.G., Klostermeyer H., The effect of pH and heat treatments on the -casein content and the potential of the particles in reconstituted skim milk, Milchwissenschaft 52 (1997) 217-222.
- Anema S.G., Li Y., Further studies on the heat-induced pH dependent dissociation of casein from the micelles in reconstituted skim milk, Lebensm.-Wiss. Technol. 33 (2000) 335-343 [CrossRef].
- Anema S., Li Y., Association of denatured whey proteins with casein micelles in heated reconstituted skim milk and its effect on casein micelle size, J. Dairy Res. 70 (2003) 73-83 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Augustin M.A., Ingredients for recombination of dairy products, in Proceedings of the 3rd international symposium on recombined milk & Milk products, Special issue 9902, Int. Dairy Fed., Brussels, Belgium (1999) pp. 66-70.
- Augustin M.A., Clarke P.T., Effects of added salts on the heat stability of recombined concentrated milk, J. Dairy Res. 57 (1990) 213-226.
- Augustin M.A., Clarke P.T., Calcium ion activities of cooled and aged reconstituted recombined milks, J. Dairy Res. 58 (1991) 219-229.
- Augustin M.A., Clarke P.T., Greenwood T., The heat stability of recombined evaporated milk made from skim milk powder produced in late autumn and winter, Aust. J. Dairy Technol. 45 (1990) 47-49.
- Boye J.I., Alli I., Thermal denaturation of mixtures of -lactalbumin and -lactalbumin: A differential scanning calorimetric study, Food Res. Int. 33 (2000) 673-682 [CrossRef].
- CODEX STAN 207-1999: Codex standard for milk powders and cream powder, viewed on line, 20 March 2007, http://www.codexalimentarius.net/download/standards/333/CXS_207e.pdf.
- Corredig M., Dalgleish D.G., The binding of -lactalbumin and -lactoglobulin to casein micelles in milk treated by differing heating systems, Milchwissenschaft 51 (1996) 123-126.
- Corredig M., Dalgleish D.G., The mechanisms of the heat-induced interaction of whey proteins with casein micelles in milk, Int. Dairy J. 9 (1999) 233-236 [CrossRef].
- Dalgleish D.G., Pouliot Y., Paquin P., Studies on the heat stability of milk I. Behaviour of divalent cations and phosphate in milk heated in a stainless steel system, J. Dairy Res. 54 (1987) 29-37.
- Dannenberg F., Kessler H.-G., Reaction kinetics of the denaturation of whey proteins in milk, J. Food Sci. 53 (1988) 258-263 [CrossRef].
- Darling D.F., Heat stability of milk, J. Dairy Res. 47 (1980) 199-210.
- Deysher E.F., Webb B.H., Holm G.E., The relations of temperature and time of forewarming of milk to the heat stability of its evaporated product, J. Dairy Sci. 12 (1929) 80-89.
- Donato L., Dalgleish D.G., Effect of the heating pH on the qualitative and quantitative compositions of the sera of reconstituted skim milks and on the mechanisms of formation of soluble aggregates, J. Agric. Food Chem. 54 (2006) 7804-7811 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Guyomarc'h F., Law A.J.L., Dalgleish D.G., Formation of soluble and micelle-bound aggregates in heated milk, J. Agric. Food Chem. 51 (2003) 4652-4660 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Hardham J.F., Effect of protein standardization of milk by addition of UF milk permeate on the composition and storage stability of UHT processed milk, Aust. J. Dairy Technol. 53 (1998) 22-27.
- Holt C., Dalgleish D.G., Jenness R., Calculation of the ion equilibria in milk diffusate and comparison with experiment, Anal. Biochem. 113 (1981) 154-163 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Horne D.S., Casein structure, self assembly and gelation, Curr. Opin. Colloid Interface Sci. 7 (2002) 456-461 [CrossRef].
- Jean K., Renan M., Famelart M.-H., Guyomarc'h F., Structure and surface properties of the serum heat-induced protein aggregates isolated from heated skim milk, Int. Dairy J. 16 (2006) 303-315 [CrossRef].
- Jou K.D., Harper W.J., Effect of disaccharides on the thermal properties of whey proteins determined by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), Milchwissenschaft 51 (1996) 509-512.
- Kieseker F.G., Aitken B., An objective method for the determination of heat stability of milk powders, Aust. J. Dairy Technol. 43 (1988) 26-31.
- Klump H., DiRuggiero J., Kessel M., Park J.-B., Adams M.W.W., Robb F.T., Glutamate dehydrogenase from the hyperthermophile Pyrococcus furiosus: Thermal denaturation and activation, J. Biol. Chem. 267 (1992) 22681-22685 [PubMed].
- Newstead D.F., Sanderson W.B., Bauke A.G., The effects of heat treatment and pH on the heat stability of recombined evaporated milk, N.Z.J. Dairy Sci. Technol. 10 (1975) 113-118.
- Noh B., Richardson T., Creamer L.K., Radiolabelling study of the heat-induced interactions between alpha-lactalbumin, beta-lactoglobulin and kappa-casein in milk and in buffer solutions, J. Food Sci. 54 (1989) 889-893 [CrossRef].
- O'Connell J.E., Fox P.F., The two-stage coagulation of milk proteins in the minimum of the heat coagulation time-pH profile of milk: Effect of casein micelle size, J. Dairy Sci. 83 (2000) 378-386 [PubMed].
- Oldfield D.J., Singh H., Taylor M.W., Pearce K.N., Heat-induced interactions of -lactoglobulin and -lactalbumin with the casein micelle in pH adjusted skim milk, Int. Dairy J. 10 (2000) 509-518 [CrossRef].
- Pouliot Y., Boulet M., Observations on the seasonal variation in the salt balance of concentrated milk, Int. Dairy J. 5 (1995) 75-85 [CrossRef].
- Ralston G., Introduction to Analytical Ultracentrifugation, Beckman Instruments Inc. Fullerton California, USA (1993) pp. 8-10.
- Renan M., Mekmene O., Famelart M.-H., Guyomarc'h F., Arnoult-Delest V., Pâquet D., Brulé G., The pH-dependent behaviour of soluble protein aggregates formed during heat treatment of milk at pH 6.5 or 7.2, J. Dairy Res. 73 (2006) 79-86 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Rodriguez del Angel C., Dalgleish D.G., Structures and some properties of soluble protein complexes formed by the heating of reconstituted skim milk powder, Food Res. Int. 39 (2006) 472-479 [CrossRef].
- Singh H., Creamer L.K., Influence of concentration of milk solids on the dissociation of micellar -casein on heating reconstituted milk at 120 °C, J. Dairy Res. 58 (1991) 99-105.
- Singh H., Creamer L.K., Aggregation and dissociation of milk protein complexes in heated reconstituted concentrated skim milks, J. Food Sci. 56 (1991) 238-246 [CrossRef].
- Singh H., Fox P.F., Heat stability of milk: pH-dependent dissociation of micellar -casein on heating milk at ultra high temperatures, J. Dairy Res. 52 (1985) 529-538.
- Singh H., Latham J., Heat stability of milk: Aggregation and dissociation of protein at ultra high temperatures, Int. Dairy J. 3 (1993) 22-237.
- Vasbinder A.J., Alting A.C., deKruif K.G., Quantification of heat-induced casein-whey protein interactions in milk and its relation to gelation kinetics, Colloid Surf. B 31 (2003) 115-123 [CrossRef].
- Vasbinder A.J., deKruif K.G., Casein whey interactions in heated milk: the influence of pH, Int. Dairy J. 13 (2003) 669-777 [CrossRef].
- Williams R.P.W., The relationship between the composition of milk and the properties of bulk milk products, Aust. J. Dairy Technol. 57 (2002) 30-44.
- Williams R.P.W., D'Ath L., Augustin M.A., Production of calcium-fortified milk powders using soluble calcium salts, Lait 85 (2005) 369-381 [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences].
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.